Federal Communications Commission (FCC) amateur radio license exams are routinely offered throughout Colorado.
Identify a Test Location and Date:
- Test locations in Colorado and testing dates can be found on the Amateur Radio Relay League (ARRL) website at: Find a Amateur Radio License Exam in Colorado
- Test location in other states may be found using this link and modifying the search terms.
Exam candidates are encouraged to contact the examiner preceding the scheduled exam.
- Some test sponsors require pre-registration
- Ensure test location, date, or fees have not changed
Prior to the Exam:
- Obtain a FCC Registration Number (FRN) from the FCC
- If you do not have a FRN at the time of testing, your Social Security Number will be required. (Volunteer Examiners prefer to use your FRN. Some may only accept a FRN.)
What to Bring:
- The ARRL maintains a list of item to bring with you to the exam
- Fees to cover the cost of the testing
Additional information is available on the ARRL’s Licensing, Education, & Training page.